August 23, 2022
As a war between humankind and monstrous sea creatures wages on, a former pilot and a trainee are paired up to drive a seemingly obsolete special weapon in a desperate effort to save the world from the apocalypse.
Passes are available for each director's weeklong series, as well as ticket 6-packs which can be used for any Auteur August film (regardless of director).
Select showtime for pricing and tickets.
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
Long ago, legions of monstrous creatures called Kaiju arose from the sea, bringing with them all-consuming war. To fight the Kaiju, mankind developed giant robots called Jaegers, designed to be piloted by two humans locked together in a neural bridge. However, even the Jaegers are not enough to defeat the Kaiju, and humanity is on the verge of defeat. Mankind's last hope now lies with a washed-up ex-pilot (Charlie Hunnam), an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) and an old, obsolete Jaeger.
- Director: Guillermo del Toro
- Principal Cast: Idris Elba, Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, Charlie Day, Rinko Kikuchi, Simu Liu
- Country: USA
- Year: 2013
- Running Time: 131 min.
- Producer: Guillermo del Toro, Jon Jashn, Mary Parent, Thomas Tull
- Screenplay: Travis Beacham, Guillermo del Toro
- Cinematographers: Guillermo Navarro
- Editors: Peter Amundson, John Gilroy
- Music: Ramin Djawadi
- Language: English
- US Distributor: Warner Brothers