SIFF Screenplay Competition
Supporting and discovering emerging storytellers through our third annual feature-length screenplay competition.
The SIFF Screenplay Competition puts the writer, and their career, first by focusing on connecting strong scripts with independent directors and producers, all of whom are successful alumni of our SIFF New American Cinema Film Program.
Knowing the struggle that all unrepresented writers face to get their script read by someone in the industry, we've focused our prizes on helping make those connections in real, tangible ways. Each submitted screenplay will receive at least one page of written feedback from SIFF's team of trained screenplay readers. Finalist scripts will be read (and further adjudicated) by a panel of film industry members and personally passed along (by SIFF programmers) to Industry alumni (filmmakers, actors, and producers), all of whom have screened feature films at SIFF in the past and who maintain an active and engaged role in the indie film community.
We are accepting submissions for SIFF 2018
November 3, 2017 - Early Deadline
January 5, 2018 - Final Deadline
Script submissions are accepted via WithoutaBox.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
One Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- Live script reading during SIFF 2018 Closing Weekend (June 8-10)
- Invitation to SIFF 2018 (including domestic coach airfare and 2 nights hotel)
- All of the benefits at the Finalist and Semifinalist levels
Three Finalists will receive:
- Skype consult with participating SIFF alumni
- All of the benefits at the Semifinalist level
Six Semifinalists will receive:
- Scripts are read by panel of film industry judges
- Submission of script to independent alumni producers and directors
- Cinematic Six Pack of tickets to SIFF 2018 and admission to regular-priced Forums events
SIFF 2017 CATALYST SCREENPLAY COMPETITION WINNERS
Grand Prize Winner
The Tiger & The Protected by Jeff Scott
I Can Change by Amy Lowe Starbin
Keeper of the Cup by Larry Shulruff
This Close by Marc Messenger