SIFF kicks off the holiday season with opening of the Uptown
Jaclyn Graham | 805.952.5104 | Jaclyn@InjoyStudios.com
SIFF Cinema Uptown to reopen after renovations with a lineup of holiday favorites and new arthouse cinema
SEATTLE, WA (November 16, 2021) – After completing renovations to improve safety and theatergoers’ experiences, SIFF Cinema Uptown will celebrate its grand reopening with a lineup of new contemporary cinema and traditional favorites just in time for the holidays.
Featuring new lighting, touchless technology, carpet, roofing, paint, curtains, and a new screen in House 2 coming soon, the improved theater will enhance the overall cinema going experience. In addition, improved handrails and lighting will boost safety and a new HVAC system will help protect against the spread of airborne illnesses like COVID and the flu.
“SIFF Cinema Uptown is an iconic venue and maintaining its beauty and safety is as important to our patrons as the exciting films that we screen there,” says SIFF’s Artistic Director, Beth Barrett. “Thanks to the generosity of donors, the building is cleaner and safer, being back at the movies feels better than ever, and we’re ready to celebrate a festive holiday-season lineup of wonderful films.”
Through the end of the year, SIFF Cinema Uptown will feature new arthouse cinema, holiday favorites, and special presentations, including those listed below:
Opening November 24:
- Julia brings to life the legendary cookbook author and television superstar who changed the way Americans think about food, television, and even about women.
- House of Gucci follows the turbulent marriage and divorce of Patrizia and Maurizio Gucci, the head of the Gucci fashion house, leads to murder. Starring Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, and Salma Hayek.
- Belfast is a poignant story of love, laughter, and loss in one boy’s childhood, amid the music and social tumult of late 1960s Ireland, written and directed by Academy Award® nominee Kenneth Branagh.
One Night Only - December 8:
- The Muppet Christmas Carol shares Charles Dickens’ timeless tale of Ebenezer Scrooge (Michael Caine), his cold heart, and how the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future seek to show him the error of his ways comes to life through the magic of Jim Henson’s Muppets.
Two Days Only - December 18–19:
- White Christmas Sing-along, Irving Berlin’s musical favorite, follows the talented song-and-dance team of Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye, who join forces with the sister act of Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen for a musical Christmas in Vermont. These special screenings come with free jingle bells and a pre-film music video featuring some of our favorite Christmas classics.
One Day Only - December 25:
- Fiddler on the Roof Sing-along, invites you to party with the best Jewish-themed musical of them all by singing along to "If I Were a Rich Man," "Sunrise Sunset," and "To Life" all while enjoying our annual pre-film "Tradition" of free Chinese food take-out from Leah's Gourmet Kosher Foods and live klezmer music by Orkestyr Farfeleh.
One Night Only - December 31:
- Moulin Rouge! New Year's Eve Sing-along lets you sing in the new year with Baz Luhrmann's musical spectacular - complete with free bling rings and a Moulin-inspired music video countdown. The show ends in time to head over to the Space Needle and catch the New Year's fireworks while shouting "Rooooooxannnne!" at the sky.
For showtimes, pricing and tickets visit SIFF.net
SIFF will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony for 30 attendees, including press members. To RSVP, email email@example.com.
SIFF is known for our international festival that takes place in the late spring each year. For more than 47 years, SIFF has delighted moviegoers with films from all regions of the world and all genres of film. In addition, SIFF offers year-round arthouse screenings, curated mini-festivals, cinema events, and education opportunities - to keep up with them, visit SIFF.net.
For images, interviews, event access, or more information, please contact:
# # #